With the plethora of serums and moisturizers on the shelves, ever changing trending ingredients and marketing hype, it’s easy to get overwhelmed with what “gold standard” you should be using on your skin to get the best results. On top of that, if you're looking for results with clean and conscious skincare, have sensitive skin, or are pregnant or breastfeeding, gentleness often means less effective.
Not any more thanks to this super star natural alternative to retinol.
Introducing Moth Bean, a small legume that packs a punch, known for radiant, youthful glowing skin benefits without the need for Retinol.
What’s Retinol and Why Look for an Alternative Option?
Retinol has been the skincare superstar for years, known for its gold standard ability to fight wrinkles and acne, fade dark spots, and even skin tone. But here’s the catch:
- It can be pretty harsh causing irritation, peeling, dryness and redness.
- Retinol is NOT pregnancy NOR safe while breastfeeding
- Sensitive skin often has reactions causing more sensitivity
- It can’t be worn during the day due to reacting with the sun
So if you’re pregnant, breastfeeding, or looking for a gentler natural alternative that multitasks, Moth Bean can be your NEW Holy Grail.
Benefits of the Marvelous Moth Bean
Moth Bean, also known as Vigna aconitifolia, is a powerhouse of nutrients that has been used for centuries in Ayurvedic medicine. Native to India, this humble legume is making waves recently in the clean skincare world for its remarkable skin benefits.
Why? While structurally different from Retinol, a serum using therapeutic levels of Moth Bean like our Glow Getter Brightening Serum & Moisturizer has collagen-stimulating and cell-turnover benefits without causing skin irritation. Better yet, the caffeic acid, ferulic acid, cinnamic acid, and kaempferol found in the seed extract provide potent antioxidants to protect from skin free radical damage, repair skin, and fade hyperpigmentation. Finally, all the skin benefits we love but in a much gentler way. Just remember, gentle doesn’t mean less effective, here’s why:
- Say goodbye to dullness! Moth Bean helps fade dark spots and evens out your skin tone, and increases cell renewal giving you that enviable, radiant glow.
- Retinoid-like properties reduces fine lines and encourages collagen production and enhances skin elasticity, making your skin plump and youthful.
- Acne Ally - Unclogs pores and reduces inflammation, making those annoying pimples a thing of the past.
- Unlike retinol's temperamental tendencies, Moth Bean is gentle and suitable for all skin types, even if you're sensitive.
- No need to worry about needing a separate AM and PM serum/moisturizer, Moth Bean can be applied morning and night without worry of sun sensitivity
How to Use Moth Bean for Retinol Like Results?
Pairing plant extracts together boost results that’s why Glow Getter Brightening Blemish Free Serum & Moisturizer is uber effective. Let’s unpack this, shall we? Rosehip, rich in Vitamin A (Retinol, a Vitamin A derivative) also has regenerative properties, fades scaring, and is firming. Kakadu plum and bearberry are rich in Vitamin C plus licorice to brighten and even complexion. No wonder Glow Getter paired with Phyto Tonic to deeply hydrate and prep the skin and Hydration Boost for an added Provitamin B5 Boost morning and night are repairing and protective. The NEW gold standard in skincare if I might add, especially if you're looking for pregnancy and breast feeding safe skincare.
Less is More and Consistency is Key
Ready to make the switch from Retinol to Moth Bean? Here's how you can create a simplified skincare routine:
- Start Slowly: Just like any skincare change, introduce Glow Getter gradually. Begin with a few times a week and increase as your skin gets used to it.
- Be Patient: Results won't happen overnight. It may take a few weeks - skin cells take anywhere from 28 to 40 days to see noticeable improvements, but trust me, it's worth the wait.
So, there you have it – with the gentle yet high performing benefits of Moth Bean it's quickly becoming the go-to alternative to retinol for anyone seeking that youthful, radiant glow.